Drying After A Flood
Drying out after a flood can be a difficult process. Water is a very destructive force that can cause a lot of damage. In fact, here in the US, flooding causes millions of dollars in damage each year. To save yourself some money, start the drying out process as soon as possible after a flood. The sooner you begin, the less damage and the less risk for mold damage.
Here are some tried and true ways to begin the drying process after a flood.
- Open windows to allow air circulation around the wet area. This will help the area dry and it will help eliminate odors. Another way to help circulate air is to bring in fans. The higher powered, the better. Rent heavy-duty fans to move air throughout the affected area, but be careful when plugging them in. Don’t plug any electrical appliance into an area affected by water.
- A wet-dry vac can help remove excess water. Like fans, these can also be rented at a local hardware store and shouldn’t be plugged in in any area affected by flooding. If you have several feet of water damage, you may want to consider hiring a water damage restoration company to remove the water. They have large pumps that can do this much faster.
- A dehumidifier is another good item for drying out after a flood. A dehumidifier will remove excess water from the air. Air humidity should be about 30%-50%. This will also help prevent mold damage even when you don’t have flood damage.
- For major water damage cleanup, contact a water restoration company. Our water damage restoration teams are available 24/7 for floodwater cleanup and all other water damage issues. Contact us today for a free estimate! We are here to serve all of your water damage needs!
Now providing service to Hilton Head, SC in conjunction with longtime local contractor Ranney & Sons Construction
- Beaufort County
Why Choose Us?
- Free Estimates
- Available 24/7
- Direct Insurance Billing Available
- Certified in Water & Mold Restoration
- State Certified Building Contractor
- State Certified Roofing Contractor
The team that was sent to our house was wonderful. Their experience and professionalism in our situation was outstanding. I was concerned about our children and they took every precaution (air purifier, microbial spray) to keep them safe. Not only did they have good work ethics, they were personable and caring as well.Angela and Scott S.