Flooding? Be Prepared!
Don’t wait until a flood happens to wonder what you should have done to prepare for it. Flooding can happen anywhere at any time. Being prepared is extremely important because this can be a life or death situation. And when flooding occurs, the more prepared you are can make a huge difference. As a water damage cleanup company, we’ve seen this firsthand. So, how do you prepare for flooding? Here are a few tips:
- Communication is key. This phrase is common with many businesses and families, but it also applies here. Have a plan in place for all emergencies whether it’s flooding, fires, earthquakes, or storms. Make sure there’s a main point of contact for family members – and make sure you have working cell phones with extra, charged batteries.
- Your emergency kit should include blankets, batteries, flashlights, water, any medication you may need, a battery-powered radio, and non-perishable food supplies. You may also consider extra clothing, boots, and gloves so you don’t come into contact with floodwaters.
- Know emergency routes. If you need to evacuate your area, know it well enough to avoid low-lying areas. NEVER drive through flooded streets. Just six inches of floodwater can carry a car away. This is a very common cause of death in flooding situations. Turn around and find another route.
- Know your home. Know where your electric and water shutoffs are in caes of emergencies. Make sure your sump pump works and all other plumbing systems are in good working order.
Most importantly, make sure to contact a water damage cleanup company that is fully certified to handle all water damage caused by flooding. Our water damage cleanup teams are fully certified to do this type of work and are available day and night, all year round. Flooding can strike at any time. Being prepared can make this disaster easier to handle when it does.
Now providing service to Hilton Head, SC in conjunction with longtime local contractor Ranney & Sons Construction
- Beaufort County
Why Choose Us?
- Free Estimates
- Available 24/7
- Direct Insurance Billing Available
- Certified in Water & Mold Restoration
- State Certified Building Contractor
- State Certified Roofing Contractor
The team that was sent to our house was wonderful. Their experience and professionalism in our situation was outstanding. I was concerned about our children and they took every precaution (air purifier, microbial spray) to keep them safe. Not only did they have good work ethics, they were personable and caring as well.Angela and Scott S.