Leaky Pipe Solutions
Water damage due to leaking pipes is quite common. The most common reasons pipes leak: faulty and/or aging pipes. Because you can’t see your pipes all the time, you don’t realize there’s a problem until it’s too late. Water damage caused by leaking pipes can be significant since it usually happens over a long period of time – warping and rotting the areas around it. Here are some steps to handle this situation if it should happen to you:
- Turn off the water at the source. The shut-off valve is usually nearby – behind the toilet, under the sink, behind the hot water tank – you get the idea. If you don’t know where to find it, you can shut off the main water valve until the problem is fixed. The point of this is to make sure water doesn’t continue to come in while you’re fixing the issue.
- The next step is what we call water extraction. This just means removing the excess water from the affected area. Use a mop, rags, towels, etc., and make sure to get ALL areas – water easily seeps into cracks in floors, baseboard or walls. If this area isn’t dried, mold cleanup will be your next project. You can also use fans or open windows to help dry the area out.
- After the area is dry, fix the problem. Make a trip to the hardware store and purchase the correct pipe to replace the leaky one. Ask for help if you need it. When you’ve replaced the pipe, turn the water back on and make sure it’s running through without further leaking.
- Lastly, clean the area where water was extracted. Even if the water was “clean”, it may have picked up unseen debris from the floor, walls, cabinets, etc., and carried it around. If the water contained sewage or chemicals, go back to step 1 and call a water restoration company! This type of water damage is not something you want to deal with on your own.
- The benefit of using a water damage company in this situation – or any other – is that we will make sure all water is extracted and all water damage is repaired. We’re open 24/7 for emergencies and we will work directly with your homeowner insurance company when applicable. Contact us today for a free water damage restoration estimate!
Now providing service to Hilton Head, SC in conjunction with longtime local contractor Ranney & Sons Construction
- Beaufort County
Why Choose Us?
- Free Estimates
- Available 24/7
- Direct Insurance Billing Available
- Certified in Water & Mold Restoration
- State Certified Building Contractor
- State Certified Roofing Contractor
The team that was sent to our house was wonderful. Their experience and professionalism in our situation was outstanding. I was concerned about our children and they took every precaution (air purifier, microbial spray) to keep them safe. Not only did they have good work ethics, they were personable and caring as well.Angela and Scott S.