Small Fire Damage Restoration
In most cases, we recommend fire damage restoration be taken care of by a professional, but some people are determined to tackle the process on their own. This is okay for smaller jobs, but it’s always a good idea to have a fire damage restoration technician at least take a look to make sure no unseen structural damage is present. A fire damage restoration tech can also determine what needs to stay and what needs to go. Smoke damage will continue to break down certain items no matter how many times you clean them.
If you are determined to take on the project of cleaning up your own fire-damaged area, consider the following tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):
- Do not re-enter the area until you have been given permission to do so by local authorities. Make sure your utilities are safe to use as well.
- Thoroughly wash, rinse, and dry every floor, surface, and wall affected by fire and smoke damage.
- Do not eat, drink, or breathe in anything that has been near the fire’s flame, smoke, soot, or water that was used to extinguish the fire.
- Approach your pets carefully after a fire. Some pets are scared after such an event and will react negatively. Keep them out of the home until fire cleanup is complete.
- Contact your insurance company immediately. If you do not have insurance, you can reach out to the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, religious organizations in your area, or other community groups.
- Wash any clothing, towels, window treatments and upholstered furniture that show signs of smoke damage. They may need to be pitched depending on the damage.
- It’s recommended that you have a professional HVAC company check your heating and cooling system. If affected, it may need continual maintenance until all smoke residue is removed.
Remember that our fire restoration services include complete soot, ash, and debris removal, smoke damage restoration, water cleanup, odor elimination, and much more. We will work with your insurance company to help you through this difficult time, too. We offer free estimates and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Now providing service to Hilton Head, SC in conjunction with longtime local contractor Ranney & Sons Construction
- Beaufort County
Why Choose Us?
- Free Estimates
- Available 24/7
- Direct Insurance Billing Available
- Certified in Water & Mold Restoration
- State Certified Building Contractor
- State Certified Roofing Contractor
The team that was sent to our house was wonderful. Their experience and professionalism in our situation was outstanding. I was concerned about our children and they took every precaution (air purifier, microbial spray) to keep them safe. Not only did they have good work ethics, they were personable and caring as well.Angela and Scott S.