Sump Pump Failure
Sump pump failure can wreak havoc on a home. When a sump pump fails during a heavy storm, the results can be devastating and cost thousands of dollars in damage. Our water damage restoration company sees water damage on a regular basis due to sump pumps not working, but the good news is that it can be prevented.
Sump pumps typically fail for two reasons. The first reason is due to power outages. Without power, the sump pump can’t function. Since power outages tend to happen when storms that cause the need for a sump pump, it’s imperative that you have battery backup for your sump pump. It’s also a good idea to have an alarm on your sump pump to notify you that it’s working.
The second reason is due to human error or neglect. Like any other appliance in your home, it’s a good idea to make sure your sump pump remains in good working order all year long. Whether you expect bad weather or not, you should make sure your sump pump is working. Storms can happen any time of the year – and the bad ones often occur when you least expect it.
Some things to check for to determine if your sump pump is in working order:
- Are all valves working? If the float valve is stuck or the check valve is clogged, you will have problems with your sump pump working properly when you need it.
- Is the discharge pipe working properly? Is water being carried away from your home and not back to your basement?
- Is the sump pump plugged in at all times? Does the electrical outlet it is plugged into work? We see this happen a lot, too.
If your sump pump does fail, you should call a water restoration company to remove all excess water, fix the problem, and restore your home to its pre-loss condition. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all of your water damage restoration needs.
Now providing service to Hilton Head, SC in conjunction with longtime local contractor Ranney & Sons Construction
- Beaufort County
Why Choose Us?
- Free Estimates
- Available 24/7
- Direct Insurance Billing Available
- Certified in Water & Mold Restoration
- State Certified Building Contractor
- State Certified Roofing Contractor
The team that was sent to our house was wonderful. Their experience and professionalism in our situation was outstanding. I was concerned about our children and they took every precaution (air purifier, microbial spray) to keep them safe. Not only did they have good work ethics, they were personable and caring as well.Angela and Scott S.